Join with Presbyterian neighbors from around the Wilmington area for our 2nd annual Lenten Lunch series.
Each Tuesday during Lent we will gather at one of our churches for a “semi-brown bag” lunch and a Lenten program.
All Lunches will begin at 11:30am
- Tuesday, February 20th: Communion, Confession and Song at Saint-Andrews Covenant Presbyterian Church. Come engage in an interactive spiritual experience of Lenten discipleship. (SACPC is at 1416 Market Street)
- Tuesday, February 27th: Pottery at Pearsall Memorial Presbyterian Church. Journey into Jeremiah’s vision of God the Potter while having a chance to form clay in your own hands. (Pearsall Memorial is at 3902 Market Street near the railroad crossing.)
- Tuesday, March 6th: Painting 3:16 at Winter Park Presbyterian Church. Come encounter John 3:16 through music, readings, activities, and more. Then paint a response. Watercolors, acrylics, and other supplies will be available for those who would like to paint. (Winter Park is at 4501 Wrightsville Ave. near the corner of College and Wrightsville Avenue)
- Tuesday, March 13th: Carolina Beach Presbyterian Church will feature a “Desert Sing-a-Long: A Journey through Hymns and Songs of Lent.” (Carolina Beach Presbyterian Church is at 1209 N Lake Park Blvd. just south of the bridge into Carolina Beach and adjacent to CVS.)
- Tuesday, March 20th: Cape Fear Presbyterian Church will host a Taizé worship service after we share lunch together. (Cape Fear Presbyterian Church is at 2606 Newkirk Avenue and is visible from Shipyard Blvd.)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: What is a “semi-brown bag” lunch?
Answer: Please bring a sandwich or other “main dish” for yourself. The host church will provide drinks, simple sides, and desserts.
Question: May I attend a lunch at a church other than my own?
Answer: Yes! Please do! We hope to meet some of our Presbyterian neighbors as we take this Lenten journey. Come, and bring a friend!
Question: Do I have to be good at painting, pottery, or singing to come?
Answer: No! All you need is a willingness to come and journey with your fellow sisters and brothers in Christ. All of our activities will assume that everyone is a beginner, and you don’t have to do anything that doesn’t make sense for you.
Do bring a sandwich!!!
Winter Park Presbyterian Church is a creative, loving, and inclusive church family located in busy mid-town Wilmington, NC.