Lenten Lunches with Presbyterian Neighbors
Join with Presbyterian neighbors from around the Wilmington area for our 2nd annual Lenten Lunch series.
Each Tuesday during Lent we will gather at one of our churches for a “semi-brown bag” lunch and a Lenten program.
All Lunches will begin at 11:30am
- Tuesday, February 20th: Communion, Confession and Song at Saint-Andrews Covenant Presbyterian Church. Come engage in an interactive spiritual experience of Lenten discipleship. (SACPC is at 1416 Market Street)
- Tuesday, February 27th: Pottery at Pearsall Memorial Presbyterian Church. Journey into Jeremiah’s vision of God the Potter while having a chance to form clay in your own hands. (Pearsall Memorial is at 3902 Market Street near the railroad crossing.)
- Tuesday, March 6th: Painting 3:16 at Winter Park Presbyterian Church. Come encounter John 3:16 through music, readings, activities, and more. Then paint a response. Watercolors, acrylics, and other supplies will be available for those who would like to paint. (Winter Park is at 4501 Wrightsville Ave. near the corner of College and Wrightsville Avenue)
- Tuesday, March 13th: Carolina Beach Presbyterian Church will feature a “Desert Sing-a-Long: A Journey through Hymns and Songs of Lent.” (Carolina Beach Presbyterian Church is at 1209 N Lake Park Blvd. just south of the bridge into Carolina Beach and adjacent to CVS.)
- Tuesday, March 20th: Cape Fear Presbyterian Church will host a Taizé worship service after we share lunch together. (Cape Fear Presbyterian Church is at 2606 Newkirk Avenue and is visible from Shipyard Blvd.)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: What is a “semi-brown bag” lunch?
Answer: Please bring a sandwich or other “main dish” for yourself. The host church will provide drinks, simple sides, and desserts.
Question: May I attend a lunch at a church other than my own?
Answer: Yes! Please do! We hope to meet some of our Presbyterian neighbors as we take this Lenten journey. Come, and bring a friend!
Question: Do I have to be good at painting, pottery, or singing to come?
Answer: No! All you need is a willingness to come and journey with your fellow sisters and brothers in Christ. All of our activities will assume that everyone is a beginner, and you don’t have to do anything that doesn’t make sense for you.
Do bring a sandwich!!!
Winter Park Presbyterian Church is a creative, loving, and inclusive church family located in busy mid-town Wilmington, NC.